Thank you My SuncoastView at ABC7 for having Keffie’s ecoChic Boutique help you celebrate Earth Day!
Here’s a sneak peak of the featured items:
1.Recycled Leather Handbags by Paper Thinks -made from the remnants of work gloves
2. Handmade Ceramic Bee House –
Mason bees are exceptionally hard working super pollinators. Six mason bees will pollinate one fruit tree, compared to 10,000 honeybees.
Great Science Fair Project Idea
3. Tote-a-ble Canvas Flasks – an alternative to the evil plastic water bottle
Making bottles to meet America’s demand for bottled water uses more than 17 million barrels of oil annually, enough to fuel 1.3 million cars for a year1. And that’s not even including the oil used for transportation
Last year, the average American used 167 disposable water bottles, but only recycled 38.3
In the United States, 24 percent of bottled water sold is either Pepsi’s Aquafina (13 percent of the market) or Coke’s Dasani (11 percent of the market). Both brands are bottled, purified municipal water
4. Recycled Palm Frond Tote Bag and Tula Hats – made from fallen palm fronds – also provide UPF 50 protection to prevent Skin cancer
5. Compostable disposable plates by Leaf and Fiber– also made from fallen and dried palm fronds
6. Moso Bamboo Bag – absorbs moisture and odor – recharge every month in the sun and use for 2 use, then compost
7. To-Go Ware Bamboo Utensils
Each year 40 billion plastic utensils are used in the US alone, enough to circle the equator 300 times – it is NOT bio-degradable
8. Milkbarn Organic Baby Clothes and Blankets –
– cotton accounts for nearly 25% of the insecticides and 10% of the pesticides used throughout the world, although is it grown on only 3% of the total cultivated area. Part of the reason we need to save the bees!
Stop by and pick up all of these items at Keffie’s today!